Thursday, April 23, 2009

You Capture: Letters

Photobucket

This is Week 9 of the You Capture blog carnival hosted by Beth over at I Should Be Folding Laundry. Each week Beth presents a new challenge and this week’s challenge was Letters.

Hmmm...Letters. There are so many directions one could go with "letters." Right away, I saw "letters" all over, everywhere we went, like these (E, F, H, and I, for a sample):
But, oh my! That's enough to push me over the edge, coming up with A through Z!

So I stopped...and moved on, much to my own relief. (I am still seeing "letters" everywhere, though.)

Then I thought of the most famous letters: the red letters.*

John 3:15-20

And for yet another take on "letters," this is one my son Robert took at my insistence, since I am currently unable to hop up and grab the camera whenever I want.

Check out I Should Be Folding Laundry for more You Capture participants.



~~~~~

* Red Letters by dc Talk

Pages filled with a holy message
Sealed with a kiss from heaven
On a scroll long ago
Phrases, words that were bound together
Now have the power to sever
Like a sword evermore

Heed the words divinely spoken
May your restless heart be broken
Let the supernatural take hold

CHORUS:
There is love in the red letters
There is truth in the red letters
There is hope for the hopeless
Peace and forgiveness
There is life in the red letters
In the red letters

One man came to reveal a mystery
Changing the course of history
Made the claim he was God
Ageless, born of a virgin Mary
Spoke with a voice that carried through the years
It's persevered

Heed the words divinely spoken
May your restless heart be broken
Let the supernatural take hold

What You say moves me, revelation, come and take me
The more I look [the more I look] the more I see [the more I see]
The Word of God [the Word Of God] is what I need

Speak to me, breathe in me new life [x2]
Let Him in your heart [x4]

Lyrics were found online here.

15 comments:

Dannielle said...

You are so creative... My favorite are your first 4 pictures... Of those, my favorite being the trees! You are such an awesome photographer.

Erin said...

The tree shots are my favorite! That's so creative.

{krista} said...

Very creative capture!

jodi said...

Those letters in the trees are great! But my fave are those "red letters". Very creative, Amy.

Unknown said...

love 'em, great job!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

Wow, very creative interpretations on the letters and wonderful captures!

Jessi said...

You found some awesome letters. I am starting to feel like I am the only person who has never noticed letters in the trees before...

Anonymous said...

Very imaginative. I like the "red letters". I did something similar with the letter of Paul to the Church of Galatia....check it out.

Thanks for the fun
Swing on by my site and see mine too!


Christine
The IE Mommy
www.iemommy.wordpress.com

Mimi's Toes said...

These pictures are so creative. I found you thru Beth. Your family is adorable....and YAY for the new dishwasher. Mine has been broke for almost 2 years...miss it!

tiarastantrums said...

cool captures

Alice said...

thanks for visiting my page :O) and i'm sure you could make that cute little initial letter - it's a lot of fun, too.

I love your post! especially the red letter verse and the red letter song by DC Talk. super choice! thanks

Unknown said...

I love the "E" and "F" branches - very cool!

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

I love all of them. Great creativity on the blocks and the Bible!

audrey said...

These are all great pictures! The trees are definitely my favorite.

sunnymama said...

I love your E, F, H and I!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...