Friday, April 24, 2009

Overheard: The Vacation Edition and more!

The Vacation Edition

During the drive down to Valdosta...

Me [hoping this wasn't the start of an illness]: Why are you sneezing so much, Grace?

Grace [seriously]: 'Cause I have bad feelings.

~~~~~

While waiting for our food at the Waffle House, Josiah was waving out the window as people drove up and parked.

Me: Are you the greeter?

Josiah [seriously]: Not so much. I don't really work here.

~~~~~

On the way back home, we stopped off at a dog show in Perry...

Josiah: If I had a dog like that, I'd name her Hannah Montana and dye her hair blonde!

Grace: If I had a dog like that, I'd name her Hannah Montana. [pauses to look at another dog] If I had a dog like that, I'd name her Charlotte!

Charlotte is the name of her newest doll that Ms. Carol gave her for her birthday.

~~~~~

Josiah: I like the dogs who lick me the most!

~~~~~

We also stopped at High Falls State Park to stretch our legs. All three kids fell while walking along the trails at various times, so each came home with a (minor) scraped knee. One reacted more dramatically than the others...

Josiah [wailing after falling at High Falls]: Well, don’t just stand there! Can’t you see I’m hurt?!?


I took this picture a couple of minutes after Josiah had fallen. Apparently it wasn’t too terribly bad, because he was happily heading further away from the first aid kit in our car.


~~~~~

And More...



While putting Grace to bed...

Grace: Mommy, you're da best!

Me: The best what?

Grace: Da best Mommy!

Me: And you are the best Grace.

Grace: And Daddy is da best Daddy, and my brudders are da best brudders! [joyfully hugs me] I love all da peepul in my family! [more serious tone] And Mommy, I love your sons.

Awww!!

~~~~~

While at a pet store...

Josiah: When I get a dog, if he's been good, I'll give him a bedtime snack at night--a treat! And if he's been really good, I'll give him two bedtime snacks!

Jason Slade: How will you know if he's been really good?

Josiah [seriously]: If he listens to Grace.

The adoration is mutual.


~~~~~

While at the same pet store...

Grace [looking around, bewildered]: Where's all da dogs?

Jason Slade: They don't have any dogs here, just these cats.

Grace [roaring]: Rar! Rar!

Jason Slade [amused]: They're not that kind of cat.

Grace [matter-of-factly]: I just scarin' dem!

And she's not that kind of three year old girl, who is all mushy over cats.
;)

And, yes, I am seeing the whole dog theme. They don't have me fooled. They are trying to chip away at my resolve...

2 comments:

Mama to 12, so far said...

Cute!!

Take my dog for instance.....

No really, just come take the dog! You can have her!

LOL!!!!!!

Staci A said...

Kids say the cutest things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...