Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Overheard

Grace [looking at a funny picture of herself around 9 months old]: Momma, I want you ta put dis on thuh-buh-log [the blog]!

~~~~~

Josiah [incredulous]: You mean I behaved all day for nothin'? [muttering under his breath as he leaves the room] What a waste!

~~~~~

Jason [singing part of a song he made up that uses any of our children's names]: There once was a little girl named Grace.

Grace [singing to the same tune]: There once was a little girl named Daddy.

~~~~~

Robert [after picking up the library books that were being held for me]" They're all for people like you. [BIG goofy grin]

The titles? One was from the "Complete Idiot's" series, and the other was from the "Dummies Guide" series. Oh, hardy-har-har.

~~~~~

Beth Moore [quoting a friend of hers, during the introductory session of the "Psalms of Ascent" Bible study that began at our church tonight, talking about overcoming nervousness, self-consciousness, etc.]: You're not good enough to mess God up!

Remind yourself of that the next time you are nervous about doing or saying something. And, please, remind me, too.

~~~~~

Grace [eating ice cream with Daddy]: Oh! My nose is cold! It needs a jacket!

~~~~~

Grace [excitedly opening the door for me as I came home from Bible study]: Hi, Mommy! We made cookies! And we saved you some! [She paused as she ran over to pick up the container on the the table, which she excitedly held out to me] HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No, it's not my birthday. ;) Did I mention she was excited?

4 comments:

Mc Allen said...

wow, these are so cute and the Beth M. quote is so darn true. Im gonna write that down( you do that when you have 3 teen daughters and your brain is mush...lol) ♥ LA

Unknown said...

I am going to have remember beth's quote!!! And grace is just too cute!! how can you not resist a little girl named daddy!!

Anonymous said...

Overheard: HaHa. I love your overheard sections. It reminded me of "Miss Sharwin, if you turn off da movie I will be very sad when I go home". And made me smile all over again. Grace is so funny. I just adore her.

About Beth: I am doing my homework at work in the mornings. This morning was feeling guilty because I have not yet been able to bring myself to go face down on the floor here at work to talk to God. I was so relieved when she addressed just that problem in the beginning of day 2. It was the same exact thing I was struggling with. Me and our dear custodian Marie are the only ones here in the mornings and I was afraid she'd come in and think I had fell out or something and it would scare her. I love the way God send us little messages just when we need them.

--Sharron

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Sharron, at least you have been doing your homework!! I'd better get busy or else I'll be doing it all in one day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...