Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I don't know what all of the fuss is about the temperature. I don't think it's that cold, and neither does my wife Nanuk."

That, my friends, was some silly blurb that showed up in a Montana newspaper while Jason and I lived there (1995-1996). School was cancelled one day because the high--the high--was forecasted to be around -40 degrees. The wind chill was forecasted to be somewhere around -60 degrees. So what did we do that day? We went to a nearby town (by Montana standards, at least--it was 55 miles away), where we ran into about a dozen people we knew from the school where Jason was teaching. ;) My husband says I need to add that the high that day turned out to be closer to -25 degrees...and when you factor in the lower humidity there, it was really not as cold as it sounds to those of you living in Georgia.

~~~~~

It is 23 degrees here as I type this. It has dropped 3 degrees in the last 30 minutes, and it's not even 11:00 p.m. Brrrrr...

I have just bits of randomness to talk about. That's about all I can do right now. :) I've been busy playing around with a new header, sticking with the chocolatey theme...do you like it? (If you get this by email, please click over to the blog to see what I'm talking about!)

Speaking of chocolate...I found my favorite at a local discount grocery store for $1.29 a bag! Robert asked me, "Why are you taking a picture of that?" To put it on "thuh-buh-log," of course.


Pure yummy-ness. I splurged and bought three bags. They are currently hiding from the kids in my bathroom closet among the towels.

Hey, I told you this would be random.

Earlier this week, I put the boys to work helping me clean out the garage before the colder weather hit. Grace did her part by sleeping peacefully through the whole thing. I don't normally brag about ugly concrete floors, but...


Now we can fit a whole car in there! Whoo hoo! Haven't been able to do that in a loooong time.


This morning the kids played "BibleLand." Robert decided to teach the younger ones how to play. Grace won the first time; it must be because of her intense concentration.



Yesterday, Grace organized an impromptu picnic for her babies, Emily and Other Emily. She shared her banana by giving each of them a piece, but they just weren't hungry, she said.



With that last bit of randomness, I am going to get ready for bed, curl up under lots of blankets, and get some sleep. Either that, or fight with Blogger over spacing issues with all of these pictures...Whatever...

Y'all stay warm!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...