Friday, March 19, 2010

Update on the jeans

Thank you so much for the thoughtful replies with suggestions on how to remove the paint from my black jeans! I thought I'd give an update on the progress I've made. So if you were expecting some birthday photos, please bear with me...they're coming soon. :) Honest. :)

The "before" shot:


And the out-of-focus "after" shot:



The vast majority of the paint is GONE! Whoo hoo!! A good bit came off with simply the baking soda paste (wet the material, sprinkle baking soda on the area, rub, let it sit, and wash) and the rest came off with a Spray 'n' Wash stain stick, even if it did bleach it out a little. I had suggestions to use Goo Gone or Goof Off, which I am definitely going to pick up the next time I'm at the store, as well as some other products, but the stain stick was what I had on hand to try right away. I had to rewash the jeans yet again simply because the stain stick residue didn't come off the first time. The only place where the paint didn't come off was between the stitching on the pocket...I am not above using a Sharpie on my jeans to get them looking back to normal so I colored the remaining paint in between the stitches with a fine point Sharpie. I lightly rubbed a Sharpie over the part that was slightly bleached, too.

I was so glad neither of my younger children walked in while I was doing this. They certainly don't need any ideas.

Thanks again, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...