Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Lord's Prayer

After I posted the last video of Grace, I remembered that the Pledge of Allegiance was not what she first memorized...it was the Lord's Prayer. So I had to record that, too...

Enjoy! She gets a little, um, excited and emphatic at the end. ;)

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)

Grace learned the Lord's Prayer the same way she learned the pledge--simply hearing me repeat it every night during her bedtime routine. I'm taking my friend Christi's advice and teaching her Psalm 23 now. Maybe she will spend more time repeating that rather than singing "Yankee Doodle" about a hundred times each day--that's something else she has recently learned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...