Friday, July 24, 2009

Reunions

Last night some friends and I got together for what we have dubbed our "small group Bible study reunion" that we occasionally have but haven't in a while. Last night was our send-off for our friend Suzy, who is moving back to Indiana tomorrow.


And if I'd thought about it, I would have gotten pictures of us together.


We laughed, told dozens of stories, laughed some more, tried not to cry, and just talked and talked. Then we hugged Suzy, said goodbye to our friend, and tried not to cry some more.


I'll miss you, Suzy! I will be praying for you and your family to get settled quickly, to find a solid church, and to connect with godly friends. I'm already looking forward to your visits. :)


~~~~~


Within the last month, I have gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from high school. This is the same girl who said (and I agreed) that we would not be those people who call each other up when they're nearly 40 to try to catch up on things before their 20 year high school reunion, because we were going to stay in touch and remain friends no matter what happened after high school.


(Let me just pause here to say this, because I simply cannot say this enough...You couldn't pay me enough money to go back and relive those years in high school.)


Well, guess what? We didn't talk on the phone after finding each other after all these years...we found each other on Facebook. And neither of us are going to our 20 year high school reunion this weekend. With Jason's final exams for his online summer classes this weekend and next week, we need to stay close to home. And my friend? She's getting married tomorrow! Congratulations, Miina!

Oh, and did I say "nearly 40"? I meant "thirty-something"...

1 comment:

Mama to 12, so far said...

forty is not so bad! LOL!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...