Saturday, July 9, 2011

Overheard: Ummm...Big and Tough?

As Grace was getting ready for VBS one morning, I overheard her singing a made-up song to herself at the bathroom mirror.

Grace: I'm big! I'm tough! I'm big and tough! No one can defeat me without my fist!

First of all, I don't think that's what she really meant to say (since it, well, doesn't make any sense) but she was singing it over and over again with much enthusiasm.




Second, it's hard to take her seriously--even with such "tough" words--when she's standing on her tippy-toes on a step stool...with white patent leather shoes on and a girly headband in her freshly brushed hair.


Grace has since changed the words to her song:
Grace: I'm big and tough, and I'm ready to puff. [as she punches the air]

Yeah, that's more appropriate for her. My guess is that a certain older brother told her that "fist" didn't rhyme with "tough."

Still, what kind of VBS is this that she has to give herself a pep talk?!?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...