Thursday, July 29, 2010

You Capture: Play

When I saw that this week's theme was play, I figured I could just follow Grace around for a few minutes and have my post. Grace, like most 4 year olds, knows a lot about playing. And she can play all day long with her "babies" in a hundred scenarios...or just one scenario, run into the ground. Whatever.


I was right.

Here is Grace driving all her children in what must be her 15 passenger van and keeping both hands on her pretty purple steering wheel. Note that she is sitting in (and buckled into) the doll-size toy Graco car seat as her driver's seat. Plus, she's wearing a ballerina leotard/tutu, of course. The footrest of our recliner is up because she had "buckled" me in, too, and told me that she was my Mommy and we were going for a drive. I climbed out to get some shots, and she wasn't terribly happy about that.


Oops...distracted driver!

As she talked to (and occasionally reprimanded) her babies, she told them that she stopped at Dairy Queen and got "pink and blue cookies." Now she is preparing to share the pink and blue cookies with everyone.


They look suspiciously like the pink and blue cookies Jason and I have been force fed served every evening this week.

Check out other You Capture entries at I Should Be Folding Laundry, and join in on the fun!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Chocolate Girl said...

That first one could have been a picture of me when I was little! Hello Kitty doll and all...

Unknown said...

Kids are the best! I LOVE little imaginations.

Bec said...

Sounds like you have a creative one on your hands :)

lamb said...

i adore the first picture!!! it is too cute

Unknown said...

So cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following-I'm following you now as well! And my birth story is up now--I almost had a "car baby" as well, haha! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...