Monday, February 9, 2009

"Be still, and know that I am God"

Early February is just hard for me. It holds the anniversaries of the deaths of two very important people in my life. With this in mind, I put the following quotes together for me as much as for you. I already had the general post in mind, but I pulled a lot of this from our pastor's sermon yesterday.

~~~~~

When you lay me down to die, I'll miss my boys. I'll miss my girls.
Lay me down and let me say goodbye to this world.
You can lay me anywhere, oh, but just remember this:
When you lay me down to die, you lay me down to live.

...When you lay me down to die, I'll open up my eyes
In the skies I've never known, in the place where I belong.
And I'll realize that His love is just another word for home.

I believe in the holy shores of uncreated light.
I believe there is power in the blood.
And all of the death that ever was,
If you set it next to life,
I believe it would barely fill a cup
‘Cause I believe there’s power in the blood.

Andrew Peterson, Lay Me Down
From the album The Far Country. Full lyrics are here.

You can listen to this song, and other Andrew Peterson songs,
here. Also, he's on YouTube.

~~~~~

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

John 14:2 (NIV)


~~~~~

Soon you will read in the newspaper that I am dead. Don't believe it for a moment. I will be more alive than ever before.

Dwight L. Moody

~~~~~

What is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

2 Corinthians 5:4b (NASB)

~~~~~

You haven't lost anything when you know were it is. Death can hide but not divide.

Vance Havner

~~~~~

God is too good to be unkind. He is too wise to be confused. If I cannot trace His hand, I can always trust His heart.

Charles Spurgeon

~~~~~

Be still, and know that I am God.

Psalm 46:10a (NIV)

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Wow... thank you for sharing!!! These are awesome posts. So encouraging and true!

Thanks again for sharing. May the Lord bless your week in really special ways! : )

Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...