Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pint-sized Determination

At our recent Pastor Appreciation cookout, the kids had a "Space Walk" playset to climb and jump on. I was letting Grace jump in the netted area while the bigger kids zipped past her to climb up to the top of the slide...then I saw the look in her eyes. She looked at me as if to say, "I'm gonna do it" (and also to see if I would stop her). Grace, at 2 1/2 years old, is just now reaching the height where she can stand on the tips of her toes to turn on the lights...and she's still not tall enough to flip the lightswitches OFF. But she was determined to climb up, and she did!

Completely on her own, she reached the top again and again, sliding down each time with the help of the older boys.


A common phrase around here is, "She is Josiah's sister." And if you know Josiah, you know exactly what that means!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...