Friday, January 21, 2011

Overheard: Fun with personification

In the car on the way to church Wednesday night...

Me: Look, Grace! Doesn't the moon look huge tonight?

Grace [with just the slightest hint of a pause]: The moon had a birthday, so it's another year older. That's why it's so big.

Well, now you know.

The moon looked so much more beautiful than the one decent (...sort of) shot I got of it.

~~~~~

In the car on the way to the library, while we were stopped at a red light...

Grace [laughing]: Oh! They look like puppies playing in the road! Whooooooa! Now I wanna go over here! Whooooooa! This is fun! Oh, look! They're playing together!

Josiah [looking up from the book he was reading]: What puppies?

Grace: I'm talking about the leaves in the road! They move when the wind blows!

~~~~~

And, once again, I am kicking myself for not writing down conversations as they happen. I know there was (at least) one other example of personification in something either Josiah or Grace said, but I can't remember it. Boo.

3 comments:

Kari said...

That is adorable! It was great meeting you today, too! I've also been to your blog before...as soon as I saw "Cheeky Cocoa Beans" on your comment, I was like, OH--that's Amy! :) Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all better. How cool that my two oldest sons and your two boys are the same ages!

Kathleen said...

She is just too much! (Have I said that before, like, a million times??) Love her theory on the moon, and her leaf description is just too cute!! Especially since she wanted to join them!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is A. looking forward to a birthday (its on her mind already) and B. she would really like a puppy of her own. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...