Saturday, January 1, 2011

If only it could always be this easy

Grace (4) came running into the room to find me. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she was sobbing so hard she could hardly tell me that her Dollar Tree horse-on-a-stick had been stepped on and the plastic pole was smashed.

I held her, stroked her hair...and remembered the brightly colored rolls of Christmas packing tape that I'd just bought because they were marked down to $.50 each at Staples.


I asked Grace if she wanted to pick one of those designs for her horse and I would fix it. She smiled, and picked out the red and white stripes. She excitedly told me that her horse loved her new candy cane dress,

and that her other horse wanted a polka dotted dress.

Of course.

She was delighted with her horses' new dresses


and they were, too.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Awwww...Mama to the rescue!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...