Sunday, May 31, 2009

Overheard: The Dog Edition

I've said before that Grace doesn't merely listen to books; she devotes some serious time to memorizing them and listens closely enough to know immediately if you are paraphrasing the words. (Right, Jason?) In fact, if I sit down at any moment during the day, even if I'm in the middle of doing something, Grace will usually appear within seconds with a book in her hand.

Seriously. I have been in the middle of changing the vacuum cleaner bag when she appeared with a stack of 5 books for me to read to her.

So, it should come as no surprise that these things have been overheard recently while Josiah was reading aloud from Henry and Mudge books.

Josiah: Henry had no brothers and no... [pauses]

Grace [whispering, as though she's prompting him]: Sistas.

Josiah: ...Sisters.

~~

Josiah: He ran upstairs. He ran... [pauses]

Grace [whispering]: Down.

Josiah: ...Back down.

Well, at least we know he's not just guessing the words!



~~~~~

Josiah [waking late at night because he was thirsty, and talking as though he's in the middle of a conversation with his Daddy]: ...And a big dog is better at hide-and-seek, 'cause a big dog can just get up on something high up and see where you are.

~~~~~

Grace [looking in the window of a pet store after lunch today]: Awww! Dat puppy is sad! He wants me.

1 comment:

Mama to 12, so far said...

oh my, I love that last comment! She is so smart....did it work? Did you get that little sad puppy?

LOL!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...