Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Littlest Bookworm

When Uncle Tom and Aunt Ellen came to visit last week, Aunt Ellen found out what happens these days if a woman sits down in our living room.

Grace chose a stack of books, sat down beside Aunt Ellen, and plopped them in Aunt Ellen’s lap. Sweet little Grace then demanded that Aunt Ellen read every book to her.



And I read the exact same stack of books the next morning after eating my cereal for breakfast. (Well, at least Grace let me finish my breakfast, right?)

When she gets a new book from the library, she sits down with me and asks me to read it to her. At the end of the book, she flips back to the first page and says, "Read it 'gain. I don't know it yet."

She's completely serious. She doesn't merely enjoy books; she absorbs them. She loves the words, and she loves the illustrations.

And you'd better read all of the words, because if you don't, she knows. And she will correct you. Just ask Jason Slade.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...