Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Capture: Reflection

Photobucket

This is Week 5 of the You Capture blog carnival hosted by Beth over at I Should Be Folding Laundry, and my first week to participate.

Each week Beth presents a new challenge and this week’s challenge was reflection.

Grace fell asleep in the hallway after Jason took the boys to Josiah's baseball practice on Saturday. (The child will not take a nap these days unless conditions are perfect...which usually means "riding in the car in the late afternoon" but apparently also means "my brothers are gone and I'm tired from playing at the Chick-fil-A playground.") Anyway, I stepped over her, grabbed my camera, and took this picture of her against our hallway door:

You know I love pictures of the sky, so I had to get this reflective shot, too. I am standing on our back patio facing the house as the sun is setting instead of cooking supper. You can also see a little bit of the playset reflected, too.


Check out I Should Be Folding Laundry for more participants.

~~~~~

It's the LAST DAY to enter my giveaway! To enter, leave a comment on my 100th post.

15 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I love how relaxed she looks there. Both pictures are awesome captures.

Capturing Sunshine said...

They just drop anywhere, don't they?! I love how you, "just stepped over her for your camera." My daughter gets a kick out of me always saying, "Oh my! He (my toddler) shouldn't be doing that! Quick! Grab my camera." Anything for the shot!

I really love your sunset shot too...and right from your back door! Very nice.

When I Grow Up

Jessi said...

The second one is very pretty, but wow - the first shot. Talk about a capture! :) Great timing!

Anonymous said...

The one of your daughter is fantastic. My youngest has only done that once. So sweet.

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Oh man, I'd just love to lay on the floor and take a snooze like that. What a lucky girl!

Great captures!

Julie said...

Beautiful pic of the girl. I could nap like that any minute of the day. =)

The window pic was really cool too.

Great pics.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That first one is so sweet!

Steph

Christy M. said...

Great captures! Your daughter looks so peaceful and the window is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love how her hands are behind her head, too funny! Great shots this week.

Stillmary said...

The baby sleeping reflection is precious and perfect. Good catch!

Unknown said...

Both your shots turned out great, what a beautiful sky! So cute that she fell asleep right there.

Erin said...

Oh, she's so sweet like that! I love her little curls.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...how sweet! Swing by my site, The IE Mommy, to view my reflection shot.

Crazy Babs said...

The sleepy picture is sweet! I love when you catch them sleeping.

Dannielle said...

Amy, if you ever get a chance at a 2nd career, you should choose photographer.

So pretty... both of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...