Friday, February 6, 2009

The Mommy Survey

My sister-in-law tagged me with this on Facebook a few days ago.

I have a confession to make. I don't "do" Facebook too well. I can blame it on my computer--it takes "fah-evah," as Grace would say, for everything to load when I click on any little thing, and I get frustrated with it. Grrrr...dial-up. (We also don't have cable, satellite, Caller ID, or even Call Waiting. Weird, I know.) However, the truth is that I'm just more at home here on my blog. :) But I liked this Mommy Survey, so I thought I'd respond here if not on Facebook.

If you are interested, please play along on your blog! You can copy and paste the link to your post in a comment if you'd like.

~~~~~

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!

Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!
Let's see how much you remember!


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No, not exactly. :) But it was God's timing.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes. We had celebrated our first anniversary shortly before we found out I was pregnant.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
We were very happy, excited, surprised...

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
26

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I knew I was exhausted all the time, but we were also in the process of moving to another state (from Georgia to North Carolina). After we got a little more settled, I took a pregnancy test early one morning before getting ready for work. I woke up Jason, who sat there and blinked when I told him the news. :)

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE S*EX?
Yes!

9. DUE DATE?
May 15, 1997

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, and it lasted all day until I was 5 1/2 months along.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Ice cream and Arby's roast beef sandwiches. My co-worker at an after-school care program would occasionally stop by Arby's and get me a sandwich just because she cared. How sweet is that? Oh, and I certainly craved SLEEP, at least until the so-called "morning" sickness passed.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
The sights and smells of grocery stores as well as cooking...ugh. I don't know how we survived without starving. :) There are only so many times you can eat Hardee's in a week, and that was the ONLY nearby fast food place/cheap eating out option that we had in our area.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S S*EX?
Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE S*EX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, but I remember being genuinely surprised to find I was carrying a boy!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
30 pounds.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew. It was at one of my jobs (after-school care) and the kiddos were too excited to keep it a secret. The parents brought the gifts as they came to pick up their children.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Only that my baby was breech and could not be turned, which was thoroughly disappointing at the time after the multiple attempts by the doctor to turn him (ouch). The anesthesiologist had a very difficult time getting the epidural in place correctly, and on his last try (ouch) he was successful. If he had not been, I would not have been awake for the delivery.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Community Memorial Hospital; South Hill, Virginia (and, yes, I had to look that up!)

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
My water broke first at 7 a.m.--this was a planned c-section since we knew he was breech, so we headed to the hospital.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My husband Jason. It was 30-35 miles away.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jason, the doctor, nurses, and anesthesiologist

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Planned C-section

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes. Was glad it stopped the back labor!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 lbs., 13 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
May 5th at 12:10 p.m.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Robert

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
11

1 comment:

Dannielle said...

How cute! Maybe when I have more time I'll do it myself... Just thought an interesting note was that Robert was due on my B'day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...