Monday, January 26, 2009

What NOT to do on a Sunday night

Update: I am going green and recycling this post to participate in a brand spankin' new blog carnival hosted by Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife.




If it's Sunday night and your husband is asking if you'd like to watch a movie with him, question him fully on what exactly "action" might mean. And if the movie is Eagle Eye, check the time because you really need at least a few hours in between watching this INTENSE "action" movie and going to bed.

At least.

And PG-13? Who are we kidding? It was a good movie, definitely kept the plot line going at a rapid pace, lots of twists and turns...lots of explosions, lots of edge-of-your-seat scenes, and not a whole lot that I would want a 13 year old watching. There were parts I didn't even want to see.

After the movie was over, I washed up for bed, climbed under the covers, hopped back up to give Grace some medicine for an earache when she cried a few minutes later, and then laid there for a while wide awake before giving up and heading back out to the living room. I figured I would get some of my homework done with the Beth Moore Bible study I'm in, Psalms of Ascent. And, no, it was not that I thought it would put me to sleep, but I thought it would help calm me down enough to where sleep could be a possibilty...Jason has already questioned me on that point! ;)

And do you know what? I can get three days' worth of homework done in under 50 minutes when it's 1:00 a.m.-ish and the house is totally quiet and no one is calling me "Mom-can-I." (Hey--It's a step up from "But-Mommy.")

And do you know what else? I can lay there in bed mulling over some of the personal questions in the homework that I didn't immediately have answers for when I was sitting in my chair. I thought, "OK, I'll think about that later" and moved on...only I really didn't think "later" would be so soon.

I was thinking more like daytime.

Instead, I was still awake and making a mental list of things other people might ridicule me for. Seriously. Now, doesn't that sound like fun?

To check out what other people have learned this week, visit Musings of a Housewife.

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh, that's how I feel after watching 24. I can't go right to bed. I have to "detox" first. :-) Thanks for playing along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...