Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WFMW: Crafty gift ideas

For this edition of Works for Me Wednesday, I thought I would share what we have been painting over the last month or so.



I wouldn't normally put red and purple together...well, except for here...but it's for a gift for another Red Hat Society member. :) I got the idea to use this verse after seeing it on a painted tile at Robin's website during BooMama's Christmas tour of homes. When I did the rough draft, "1 Thessalonians 5:16" fit perfectly along the bottom; finished product? Ummm...no.

I had a little better layout with the frame horizontally.


I let Josiah pick out a shorter the next verse. He painted the frame and also decided on the design, too. (I taped for straight lines, did the writing with the dimensional paint, and handled the sequins, but even the sequins are by his design.)


Josiah painted this one, too. I painted a base coat, then let him pick the colors and design he wanted to use. He originally wanted to do a camouflage design, but then thought better of it.


Robert designed, painted, and decorated this frame. This may be the only picture frame ever created with wiggly eyes...the same wiggly eyes that showed up here not too long ago.



The total cost was about $3 for each completed frame, and it is so easy to customize each frame to be personal. I had the sequins on hand (left over from another project), as well as the pack of a variety of colors of dimensional (fabric) paint, and only had to buy the frames ($1 each at Michaels) and embellishments ($2 for the dog theme pack, and $2 for a butterfly theme pack that has more pieces remaining). And that Works for Me! Check out Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for more WFMW participants.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What great family project!!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

My kids have always loved making stuff! You did a great job!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how cute! What a great idea!

Dannielle said...

You are too crafty for words! Hopefully one day I'll get organized again enough to do fun stuff again. For now its dishes and laundry... OH! and diapers.

But, don't let the sarcasm fool you. I'm loving every minute of it!

BTW you have the NEATEST hand writing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...