Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

It's time for Scavenger Hunt Sunday again!  These are my interpretations for this week:

Fun and Arts and crafts

I'm combining these two--my kids have had a lot of fun at VBS this summer, and have gone to more than a couple of them already this summer.  (They go to ours, of course, as well as ones where they have friends who go to church there...and others, well, just because they enjoy it!)

I think this is Grace's favorite kind of arts and crafts:  the kind she can wear...at least until bath time.

Grace (7) with a bit of sparkly face paint on her cheeks and wet chalk rubbed on her hair.


Messy

These are some messy baby birds.  Don't worry--I won't show you how they are messy.  Nobody wants to see that.  ;)   My porch and I will be glad to see them leave the nest.




Effort

...or lack of effort, in this case of this next photo.  I just liked this shot, so I thought I'd include it.




Blessing 

With this prompt, I'm reminded of the song by Laura Story, "Blessings":

What if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?


When tears and pain blur the world around us...


and the world distorts our view of who God really is and blurs what truth really is...


may we intently focus on what is Truth.

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  
No one comes to the Father except through Me."





Click on the link below to see others' photographs or to join in on the fun!  




3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

This is a beautiful post. I love your photos, but the song lyrics are priceless.

Anonymous said...

I love what you do with the blog!

Ida said...

Wonderful post. Your little Grace looks so sweet with her painted face. Enjoyed the song and the photo's for your Blessing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...