This post was a draft I found from early 2009, when Grace would have been 3 years old.
|August 2007: Grace (17 months old) and Josiah (5 years old)|
|April 2009: Grace (3 years old) and Josiah (6 years old)|
It is well established, I think, that Grace is a lot like Josiah. But in case you were wondering, here is a partial list of the more humorous or bizarre ways they are alike:
Incidentally, Josiah had an imaginary friend named "Grandma" who lived in a hole in the ground with garage doors and a pet dinosaur.
- She will complain that she can't go to sleep "because my eyes hurt." (Josiah did this when he was about 4...Grace does not know this history, yet she repeats it.)
- She is just as fearless as he is...which is not always a good thing, especially when she is following his lead.
- She loves medicine and will make up ailments to try to get a dose. Josiah stuck to reality a little more, with some dramatization for effect (cough cough "I think I'm sick"); Grace will come up with strange conditions and doesn't bother masking her intent ("My cheek hurts, and I need medicine to make it feel better." [big grin]).
- She will follow up many meals with, "You a good cook, Mommy!" and say things like, "You make the best French toast!"
- She is genuinely a sweetheart. She wants to make you feel better when you are sad, either with hugs or with "It's gonna be OK," and she will (sometimes) apologize without even being prompted.
- Grace and Josiah love peanut butter on a spoon, at any time of the day.
- She will draw you into her imaginary world and then refuse to let you leave. Josiah became a mild-mannered "Cute Dog" who wanted to eat dry cereal from a bowl on the floor; Grace becomes a very insistent "Gan-ma" [Grandma] who wants to give you piggyback rides to take you from room to room. "Piggyback rides?!" you ask? Yes, piggyback rides. And she has the script for everything, too: "If you want a piggyback ride, you have to say, 'Gan-ma, would you give me a piggyback ride?'" (And then she will tell you that you want a piggyback ride.)
|February 2007: Cute Dog/Josiah (4 years old) with Grace (11 months old). Grace was bouncing from happiness because of Cute Dog.|
And, oh, how they love dogs...
|December 2007: Grace (21 months old) and Louie|
Post a Comment