Hmmmm...Versatile Blogger. I'll take that to mean that I blog about several different topics. Which topics? Good question! I checked out my top categories, and this is what I found (with the photography-related categories combined):
Photography (292 posts) is the clear winner around this blog, with humor-through-children coming in next with the Kooky Talk (69 posts) and Overheard (59 posts) categories. Giveaways (36 posts) are certainly fun and something I would like to do more of. I never knew I blogged about Christmas (27 posts) so much. My Works For Me Wednesday posts (19 posts) tend to be frugal ideas...
And that makes a wide variety of topics.
Part of accepting this award is to tell seven things about myself. So, here goes...
7 Random Things About Me:
- I eat dark chocolate every day. Seems I've said this before, like here and here. I think it's a good place to start any list.
- I have finally kicked my two decade long Diet Coke habit and now only drink unsweetened tea.
- Blogging is cheap therapy. Yes, I've said this before, too. If I haven't blogged for a while, I'm not very focused on much of anything. Sad, but true. So, if you haven't seen a blog post from me in several days, you would be doing me a kindness to say, "Post something. ANYTHING." Really--because I am not thinking clearly and can't figure it out on my own. ;)
- I have learned fairly recently that I like digging holes. Wait--it's not as bizarre as it sounds. OK...so maybe it is. But I'm preparing a garden spot for next year and I have found digging to be another form of therapy for me. And that's a very good thing, seeing as we have really hard clay that must be dug thoroughly (read: deeply) for anything to grow. So far, I've dug two spots that are about 3x7 feet, with a depth of somewhere between the length of my shovel head (the first hole) and the length of my leg from the knee down (the second hole is deeper now that I have muscles).
- I've also started composting, seeing as all that clay won't grow anything no matter how well it's dug, and composting is free. Where am I putting the compost? In the holes I've dug, of course--trench composting. :)
- I may or may not be contemplating a very redneck expansion of my clothes line. The "expansion" would involve turning the swing set so it is parallel to the back porch and running a new line from the (other) porch post to the (other) side of the swing set so both sides of the swing set would be used instead of just one like it is now. Classy, I know. And if I do this "expansion," I'll certainly take pictures of it, which will only add to the classiness.
- I am perplexed as to why my younger two children (ages 9 and 5) are all of a sudden telling me rather nonsensical jokes and stories and then asking me if I "get it." Ummm...no, I don't.
Now, I am supposed to pass this award on to
Kari Apted (absolutely the most versatile blogger I know!)
Dawn at My Home Sweet Home
Julie at From Inmates to Playdates
Katie at A Southern Lady's Ramblings (a new homeschool friend I just met)
I'm glad you accepted the award and posted. I know how hard these things are to do! Takes more time than you would think to post random things about yourself and pick 15????? or some number of blogs to pass the award on to and inform them, etc, etc! Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post! Blessings on your day! Elizabeth
These are some fabulously random things about you. :)
Post a Comment