Friday, June 1, 2012

Overheard: Wow

This was, word-for-word, a conversation Grace and I had one morning.  I shared it on Facebook, and recently in another blog post, but it was too good not to share again.
 
While sitting on my lap this morning, Grace began an odd conversation...

Grace [6 years old]:  Mom, what's the biggest lie you could tell someone?

Me [wondering where she was going with this, and pausing to consider the question]:  Well, I think the biggest lie you could say is that there is no God.

Grace nods, expectantly, and waits.

Me:   Another really big lie would be that Jesus didn't really die on the cross and come back to life. What do you think?

Grace [nodding again at my response]:  I would have said that the biggest lie was that God doesn't love you.

WOW.
Grace (6 years old)
 
 

2 comments:

Kari said...

Truth from the mouths of babes...so precious!

Unknown said...

Amazing how small children have a better grasp on the Truth than well-educated adults. I love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...